Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pure Joy

Pure Joy

I can remember the very first feeling I felt when I realized I was pregnant. This was before I had taken a test to “make sure” and before anyone else knew. My heart was filled with such a strong emotion only one word could explain this feeling. I felt joy. For such a brief moment only God and me knew about the beautiful life growing inside of me and I felt such a worriless joy.

Some people would probably believe this worriless joy I felt was not such an awkward emotion. However, due to circumstances (such as I was younger, unemployed, living with my parents, and not married) most would find this emotion strange. The thing is I didn’t dwell on these circumstances at this time. There was no need to. This moment belonged to God, my unborn baby, and me. This is what mattered, nothing else.


How I Was Able to Have Just Joy In This Moment

Problem 1: I was younger

Solution: “Can all your worries add a single moment to you life? Of course not. (NLT).” ~Matthew 6:27 and Luke 12:25~

Worrying in this moment would do nothing but destroy the joy I was suppose to feel. So I refused to worry. Worrying could not change the situation and it was not needed. Besides, Jeremiah 1:7 says, “…Do not say, ‘I am a youth‘…(NKJV),” which means not to say I am too young. God will direct you.


Problem 2: Unemployed

Solution: Go ahead and read the rest of the passage in Matthew and Luke from Problem 1 ( Matthew 6:25-34 included at end of blog).

I could pray for the way God wanted to provide for me but could not force anything. A job could have been the way God provided for me, however, despite my endless applications, it was not in God’s plans for this to be the way I was provided for during my pregnancy. Instead, God sent His children, His people, to help me. For this I am truly grateful. God who so love you will make sure you are provided for if you trust Him.


Problem 3:Living with My Parents

Solution: “ If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him(NKJV).” ~Luke 11: 11-13~

This one is difficult and varies per situation. I knew my parents were not going to be thrilled about me being pregnant but I also knew they were not going to throw me out in streets. Whatever your situation I believe the most important thing is to love this unborn baby more than you fear the situation. Most importantly, trust God will all your heart, and in this case, with all the baby’s heart too. He is your Father Who will give you better gifts than any person down here and protect you from harms way.


Problem 4: I was not married

Solution: “As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed out transgressions from us(NKJV).”
“…You will cast out sins into the depths of the sea(NKJV).” ~Micah 7:19

Yes, I had sex before I was married but I had already asked Jesus for forgiveness of my sin. I am Saved and this is the beautiful thing about undeserved Mercy, God had already forgiven me because of what Jesus did on the Cross. I am not bound to the chains of sin but released by Grace.


God allowed me to have the joy I felt at that moment and there was nothing the devil could do that could steal my joy because I kept my eyes on God and my hands on my tummy, my baby. I had joy knowing there was life in me. Joy God had entrusted the life to me. Pure joy.

~Written By Brittani Laws,
Wednesday October 3, 2012


Matthew 6:25-34“So I tell you, don’t worry about everyday life-whether you have enough food, drink, and clothes. Doesn’t life consist of more than food and clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to Him than they. Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not. And why worry about your clothes? Look at the lilies and how they grown. They don’t worry or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won’t He more surely care for you? You have so little faith! So don’t worry about having enough food or drink or clothing. Why be like the pagans who are so deeply concerned about these things? Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern(NLT).”

*Note from me, Luke 12:22-34 is worth reading too, it has a little bit more than this passage does.

No comments:

Post a Comment