Friday, November 21, 2014

7 Days of Thanksgiving 2014: Friday November 21, 2014 Day 1

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have Everlasting Life."
~John 3:16*~

On Day 1 of my 7 Days of Thanksgiving I am thankful that God sent his Only Begotten Son, Jesus, to save me from my sins and that His Spirit fills me. 

Everyday it is so easy to take for granted the simple truth of this passage.  As I was thinking about this passage I realize that I could say it word for word and wondered how many people have no idea what this passage even is or how it relates to them at all. 

I am thankful that Jesus knows my name and for the privilege of getting to talk to Him daily.  Every burden of Life I get to bring to Him and He takes care of me.

Knowing that I was born of original sin and would have been held accountable for it all if not for the Perfect Sacrifice of Jesus is the only truth worth knowing in the world.  I am nothing without Jesus.  I am as Thankful as I know how to be that God loved me so much He gave His only Son for me.  Jesus truly loves me.  Instead of evil I am forgiven. 

Sincerely,
Brittani

*From the expositors studyBible KING JAMES VERSION CROSSFIRE EDITION

No comments:

Post a Comment