Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 1 of My 7 Days of Giving Thanks 2012


I can’t lie, today was rough.  The day was not very eventful.  I was sick all day.  I had to get my grandma to help watch over my son because I was bent over in pain with some stomach virus.  Though the lack of events and my not being able to start writing this until late at night my heart has been centered on one thing specifically.
One could say today I should be thankful for health or help, and though I am thankful for both of these today I am  thankful for the one who gave me both of these.  For My Day 1 of Giving Thanks, I am thankful for My Savior Jesus Christ.
Today I thought what good would it be to have perfect health and all the help in the world but not to have Jesus.  Simply, it would do me no good at all(Mark 8:36*).  So, in all the events of today I am thankful for My Jesus who loved me enough to die for me so I could be forever His.
I know that today’s post was not that long but I don’t believe something has to be real wordy or long to have meaning behind it.  I have learned I can’t be thankful for anything else before I am thankful for Jesus because everything else is meaningless.

*“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” ~Mark 8:36~

For good reading on how to be saved I included Acts 16:30-31.
"...Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved, and your house."

No comments:

Post a Comment