Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 5 of My 7 Days of Giving Thanks 2012


Smoke blows from my mouth.  The air is quiet and crisp.  Everything but bright white dots in the sky are painted black and I am starring up at the beauty of the night.  Today I am thankful for the beauty of slowing down.
I enjoy how things slow down.  Everything and everyone in the world always seems so rushed.  At times it feels like the whole world is in a hurry and I am the only one standing still.  Watching a squirrel run up a tree to escape a chasing dog, a deer on the side of the road eating the grass, and a baby figuring out how to drink from a sippy cup for the first time sparks an appreciation for life.
When time seems like it isn't moving is the times I can realize all the blessings there are.  These moments are the times I can spend hours talking to God and it seems like I have all the time in the world.  I remember to be thankful and to pray for others rather than myself.  I love these moments when I don’t use the excuse I am too busy or too tired.  Moments I realize the true value of slowing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment