Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Reviewed Goals for October 2016 (and October Book Update)

Goals for October 2016

Hey everyone,
So here is an update for October 2016.  I know I didn't post nearly as much as I wanted to.  I started stuff I didn't finish and did things I hadn't planned.  Which is okay with me.  I'm not completely set on everything being perfect.  I like making goals and deadlines but I like not following them even more.


So my first goal was;
Goal 1: Begin a new Bible Study:
And I do plan on beginning one this month.  I decided to follow Time Warp Wife(30 Days of Gratitude) beginning on October 17 and running through Novemeber 12.  So if you would like to also follow alone with the Bible Study you have sometime to look at the resources on her page.  She is fantastic at online group studies and would definitely recommend it.  

And though I did do this for a week after a week I didn't continue and got way behind.  Which is fine because I never began the Gratitude Journal I bought.  So I restarted today(November 1, 2016) and am running this through the month of November 2016 because it seems to be fitting anyways since it is the month of Thanksgiving.  Plus, I am going to do my things I am thankful for too like I normally do.  

Okay, My Second goal was;
Goal 2: Read a new book every week
I did finish Suzanne Collin's last book "Mockingjay" the other day, making me finished with this series.    

"The Hunger Games"
Began: September 9, 2016
Finish: September 15, 2016

"Catching Fire,"
Began: September 19, 2016
Finished September 24, 2016

"Mockingjay"
Began: September 26, 2016
Finished:October 3, 2016

I still however plan on reading at least one Halloween book every week in the month of October (which I will give you details in another entry). 

And though I did start this goal I did not finish it.  I bought all the books and never even finished one of them.  Which is fine because I will have 4 new books stashed away to read later.  For the time being, I am going to sit them aside though.  I did take a picture of what they all were though which I will include below. 


Which these books are(top to bottom), "The Halloween Tree" by Ray Bradbury, "Dark Harvest" by Norman Partridge, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" by Washington Irving, and last but certainly not least The Graveyard book by one of my all time favorite authors Neil Gaiman. 


Goal 3: 
Write a short story every week for submission (will not be posted online). 

This did not happen.  I don't think I wrote even one story.  

Goal 4:
Learn something new. 

I did begin learning some new art techniques but did not learn nearly as much as I wish I could have. 

Goal 5: 
Go somewhere new.  (Already did this, will post about later). 

I did do this, I will still post this later. 

Goal 6: 
Carve a pumpkin :) who wouldn't make this a goal for October.

I did not do this, but I did make my very first flower  arrangement on my own for fall.


But there is the goal/reading update for October 2016.  Hopefully I will post so much this month you will get tired of reading/seeing anything from me.  

If you haven't please go and like my Facebook page, Brittani Laws Writing which you can easily do by clicking the link in this sentence, which will take you straight to it.

In the meantime keep checking for more post by me because I plan on posting much more.

Sincerely,
Brittani Laws Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment